Well….I failed to meet my goal of 52 reviews in 52 weeks by 12 unread books and a slew of books that I read but didn’t get a chance to review here. I read 40 books in 2017 but was only able to post 24 reviews. I simply had far too much going on. BUT that is not meant to be an excuse. It’s meant to be an apology. So…this year, I’m going to do something a little different.
My goal for 2018 is to read 12 books of 300 pages or more in 12 months. It may not seem very ambitious but it is a much more realistic goal with everything that I’ll have going on this year. I’ll pick 12 books out of the pile below in no particular order. Some I’ve already read, some I haven’t. The list is not etched in stone so I may end up picking up another title along the way, depending on how intent I’ll be on reading it.
Here is the detailed list:
- And the Ladies of the Club by Helen Hooven Santmyer
- The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Autobiography of Martin Luther King Jr. by Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature by Linda Lear
- The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made by Walter Isaacson
- Doctor Zchivago by Boris Pasternak
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Manufacturing Consent by Herman and Chomsky
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Churchill: A Life by Martin Gilbert
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas
- Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jared Diamond
- Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
I’d love to hear whether you’ve read any of these. Also, please let me know whether you have any really great recommendations that I shouldn’t miss! I know this is incredibly belated but I hope you all enjoyed the holiday season. Happy belated new year everyone!